Sunday, November 13, 2011

Should I Try This (I'm Very Confused)?

Yes, that is a good weight. I'm sure you know it's not unusual for a ball python to stop feeding. My males stop feeding the entire winter during breeding season. Although I'm not the biggest fan of veterinarians, yours sounds pretty knowledgeable. Try feeding in the cage like she said. It's not true that it causes food aggression, this is a myth ped around by beginners. I have 250 snakes and feed all in their cage and I never get bitten when reaching in for them. If they're a little feisty, I just pull them out with a snake hook. Okay, back to the feeding. She's right about the gerbils. They are a native African rodent and can trigger a ball python to feed. I haven't heard the baby rabbit thing, but if you can find African soft furred rats where you live, get one. I haven't had to use them, but I know several other breeders who swear by them. They said they've had ball pythons that wouldn't eat anything no matter what they tried, but instantly took the African soft furred rats. Good luck, but I wouldn't worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment